Friday, April 8, 2011

Grapefruits and Icing Sugar


I used to hate grapefruits. I realize now, that I had never actually tried one until a few months ago when Brian got me to try my first bite. I admit, I have been hooked since that day. Of course I had to put heaps of icing sugar (Confectioner's sugar, or powdered sugar for all you Americans) on for me to enjoy them, but they still have health benefits... right?


On Monday I decided I was ready to be off sugar... well sweets and candy anyways. I usually did this once or twice a year in high school, but since meeting Brian, I haven't had the will power.
Today I ate my grapefruit with no sugar! And it still tasted good!

I feel like this was quite the accomplishment. :) Yay for me.

2 comments:

  1. call me crazy but i honestly think they taste better without all the sugar. I'm so proud of you for trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the moral support chan. you are such a good friend :)

    ReplyDelete