Sunday, September 7, 2014

Owen's baby blessing

On August 3rd, Owen was blessed in our new home in Holladay, UT. We were fortunate enough that we could move into Brian's grandma's condo after Dave and Denise renovated a bit. We moved in on July 30th and are so happy to be here, but boy is moving tough with a newborn.

Right before Owen was blessed, I snapped a quick picture, he is just staring at his dad. I got an inside scoop of the circle and supposedly Owen just stared at his dad for the whole thing. We were worried he would cry since he is so colicky, but he was perfect! Brian gave a beautiful blessing and talked how loved Owen was by his family. And that's really all I remember :)


We were lucky to have lots of family and friends join us for the blessing and then lots of yummy food after. Our good friend Stephen's parents were in the MTC and able to come up to Holladay before they left on there mission.



Owen was definitely the star of the night.  Who wouldn't want to hold this cute grumpy faced baby!?!? Everyone wanted a pic with him.



Including his mom and dad. We love this baby!



I'm obsessed with his little bow tie. I wish I could dress him in it every day.




My two sisters and their husbands sadly couldn't make the blessing, but this is the Dittmann's that were here for the blessing. Doesn't my dad look so tender with Owen?



Family pic!


Grandpa Dave and Grandma Denise. I love how symmetrical our heights are in this pic.


The Van Blerkom family, sadly we remembered to take pics after Courtney and Christopher had left. :(


Van Blerkom men!


Grandma and Grandpa Dittmann with their first grandbaby!


My mom wanted her own picture with Owen


I totally understand cause I did too :)


Thank you to everyone who could make it and helped with the delicious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment