Saturday, August 9, 2014

Owen: 2 months old Aug. 7th

Well this month has been a stressful one. We learned Owen has colic and possibly reflux. We have done everything we can think of to try and soothe this little baby, but he cries a lot! It doesn't change how we feel about this little chunky monkey though. We just keep loving him more and more!





Owen Month Two
  • Can get out of any swaddle
  • Loves his soother, but always spits it out
  • Likes to be held upright and constantly burped.. pretty hard
  • Likes baths, but only when we bath with him
  • Now likes his diaper changes and smiles most on his changing pad
  • Still likes tummy time
  • Cries alot
  • Likes to stare at the lights 
  • Likes tylenol and gripe water
  • Loves to kick and has really discovered his tongue
  • Weighs 15 pounds!
  • Almost out of 0-3 month clothing, and some 3-6 month clothes already fit him
  • Lost all of his hair on top of his head which made for a great mullet!
  • His hair is already growing back in and its so fuzzy and soft!
  • Makes a loud grunting/exit noise every time he poop.

I took way less pictures this month which makes me so sad! I will vow to take more for month 3! My family asks for daily pictures so hopefully that will help me stay on top of it! He is just getting so big so fast. I swear he skipped the newborn phase. Now he looks like a 3-4 month old baby!

I kinda have a fast let down.. poor Owen (sorry if this is TMI) haha. Seriously this baby has his dads attitude! I have definitely seen this look of disgust on Brian's face. :)


More sleepy smiles, as my baby just gets chunkier and chunkier! This could possibly be due to the fact that I have an INSANE sugar tooth since breastfeeding. I'm averaging about dozen homemade choc chip cookies a week, along with a box of those cocunut dream keebler cookies a week. Mmmmm! It's out of control!


Owen sleeps pretty poorly by himself. He likes to be in our arms or at the very least beside our legs while we sit on the couch.  We told our doctor he was only sleeping 11-12 hours in a 24 hour period and he finally took us seriously! He was like he should be sleeping 20 hours a day. HA! If only. Oh well, we still love him :)


 The many silly faces of Owen! What a jokester! (photo creds to Kimber)




All tuckered out from tummy time..


The picture reminds me of a gangster! ha!


My little sheep.


Brian's grandma VB passed away this past month. We decided she needed to meet Owen so we drove up and luckily we got to spend her last day with her. Pretty special!

Four generations!
meeting aunt leslie :)
Even though these pictures doesn't exactly show it. Owen likes his carseat.. as long as the car is moving!


Owen loves to hold his dad's hands to help him settle down and sleep.


Sometimes it's crazy to me how much Owen looks like me as a baby. And he looks like my dad so much. Ron Jr. right here.




Improvements with tummy time!! It's not easy picking up that massive melon!


Owen definitely sleeps best in my arms, he sleeps so poorly that I have been letting him take a nap or two in my arms.. I know.. such a bad habit! But he is so tired and constantly fights sleep. My favorite thing lately and something I want to remember is watching him fall asleep. I LOVE all the faces he makes as his eyes roll back in his head and his little baby smiles and laughs. And, I love watching his eyes open as he fights sleep, and then as I shh him back to sleep, his eyes lose focus and slowly close. Seriously, babies are the best. I'm already excited to have another one!



My dad finally got to meet Owen when he came down for the baby blessing! He was so loving and tender with him.  Owen was blessed August 3rd in our new home (post to come!) The second picture is Brian's sister Courtney with Owen. She is so good with him. Seriously, I love family and wish we lived closer to everyone. I feel this way so much more since having Owen.


Sometimes my colicky baby is happy when we play on the floor :)


Sometimes I actually have to refrain myself from biting this face!



Matching bath pictures!! Even though Owen does look a lot like my side of the family most of the time, he still looks like Brian sometimes too. He definitely has Brian's bod... look at those mini nipples.


Fist sucker!


At Owen's 8 week appointment his stats were 90% height (25 inches). 95% weight (15 pounds) and 94% head size. We have a seriously big boy! Mmmm. how could you not want to just chew on that baby! Dr. Berry also prescribed Owen omeprazole, for his reflux and said there is an 80% chance that it will make him feel better and his crying/fussiness will go down to an hour or two a day! Cross your fingers.

Brian quote: "Owen, I just want to saw off that little leg and put it in my pocket and take it to work with me!" Hahaha. Morbid, but I can see where he is coming from!


2 comments:

  1. I want to kidnap him and eat him! I'm officially baby hungry! Ah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is the CUTEST. Love his chub. And I agree with Brian...can you send me some Owen chub? Maybe an upper thigh? I'm sorry he has reflux. Neither of my kids had that so I don't know how it feels but it sounds downright awful! Hang in there! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete