Wednesday, September 14, 2011

we.made.macarons.

I love macarons. In Paris, they easily won me over as ... la pâtisserie favorit... j'aime macarons... j'aime france.

Last year, my sweet friend, got me a macaron book with a tutorial on how to make these tasty little gems. Brian and I bought all the ingredients and read up on how to make a perfect macaron. About 327 days later, we decided it was about time to make them!

Macarons have their own terminology and were quite particular to make! Altogether, it took about 5 hours, although that was mostly due to making the icing SIX different times! Who knew microwaving sugar and water was so precarious. I think I gave Brian and I cancer when I microwaved the mixture in a plastic cup for 5 minutes... oops!

 

This is when I found out my macarons have "pieds" I am obviously oozing with happiness here, because if the macarons don't have the little feet on the bottom of the cookie.. well then they just are not allowed to be classified as a macaron.




We did forget to put food coloring in the cookie, so they stayed a boring white, but other than that,  I am delighted at how well they turned out!



Someday, I can hopefully return to Ladurée with Brian to show him just exactly how I feel about macarons :)


5 comments:

  1. Those look fabulous! I'm so glad you finally got to make them and recreate a bit of your Paris trip! :D can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so gratified to see this post! And what beautiful little macaroons you did create! However, I would be lying if I told you I knew what they tasted like.. can you believe that? I have never had one! I guess I will just have to join in on the trip back to Paris with you in the future.
    Or we will have to make them together when we are together again. By then you will be expert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh-mazing! I'm so jealous I missed out on this! What a cute little french baker you are. Also, the last picture of you is classic. Now that is the Jennica that stole my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So impressed. Jennica it's in your blood...you were always made to make cooking posts and tutorials. Your lil' macarons are gorgeous. I'm so impressed. JMJ SHOW ---Let it live baby--don't fight it sista! I love you. And I miss you so much. Please say there's sometime in the future that we can be together? Where are you and Brian living right now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo they like yum yum :)

    ReplyDelete