Happy 144th Birthday Canada! I love this video even though it's so old. Such a catchy song and so much pride! I woke up yesterday feeling so happy it was Canada Day. As I started watching YouTube videos of Canada, the sadness set in.
- I miss home so much!
- I miss Waterton!
- I miss my job at Parks Canada with our weirdo/ranger uniforms.
- I miss the scenery.
- I miss bike rides to Reddi Mart for a canadian slurpee and Nibs Licorice.
- I miss perogies!
- I miss my family!
- I miss canadian chocolate.
- I miss people knowing what Canada Day is!
I really do like living in the States, but I get so sad when I think that my kids may not feel the same way I do about Canada.
Luckily Brian was the best Canada day buddy ever to have in the states. He went and got things for a BBQ and stuff for us to make a Canadian cake!
Cassie and I got ready earlier in the week by painting our toes and fingers in festive Canadian colors.
I wore my only Canadian shirt. A left-over janitor shirt from Parks Canada. Oops.
We made a Canadian cake! I got the idea from Ranae last Canada day! Brian did a great job making the Canadian Maple Leaf out of strawberries which is obviously not an easy task.
Yup. It was a great Canada day spent in the states. I love Canada and I am so proud to be Canadian!
thats my favorite canadian dessert!
ReplyDeleteI celebrated canada day in North Carolina this year. Just not the same as being in canada. but
HAPPY CANADA DAY!
I think you celebrated canada day more then i did. I'm ashamed.
ReplyDeleteTwo posts in a row! Loooovvveee it! Love canada day! We made our country proud
ReplyDeleteLove the cake! You are the best Canadian EVER!
ReplyDeletethat cake is two cute for words. im glad canada gave us jennica!
ReplyDelete